Vanilla vs TBC, in world PvPish point of view

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Re: Vanilla vs TBC, in world PvPish point of view

by Kelorek » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:02 am

bakedgoods1312 wrote:no world pvp does not die with flying mounts at all the thing that killed world pvp was garrison and click to joins. if anything it allows more people to get to areas faster increasing world pvp. world pvp was nuts in tbc and on the crazy pop servers that nost has outland is going to be an outright warzone shatrath will be your safe place

It really will be a warzone. You will be relieved when you successfully mount up again so you can take a small break from it ... until you decide you need to land again to complete some objective.

The thing that eventually killed World pvp was lack of objectives + phasing. In far later expansions.
Even Wotlk had a solid amount of world pvp (altho less than tbc)
Kelorek
Grunt
Grunt

by bakedgoods1312 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:37 pm

i cant wait ^_^
bakedgoods1312
Grunt
Grunt

by Simonich » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:52 am

Same! I wanna paint the map red with those captured objectives! Everytime you will see me online i will not rest till every objective is red, i will bring along my guildies too.
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Killstick » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:30 am

Did any of these world PvP things have any reward/rep that was worth it in TBC? I think thats always the major factor... like it or not people want to progress in the game.
As always you can world PvP in areas where there are high valued resources, group quests, instance entrances.

Even though you won't have to grind foor honor you can still use it to buy outdated arena sets. I think you also needed honor for the offset pieces. Arena might drain away some more people.
Also PvE gets alot more accesable in TBC. With heroics (tokens), 10 man karazhan, 25 man raids. Aswell as daily quest and repgrinds.

I don't really get why you are so exited about these world PvP spots and just won't do BGs. Alot of the premade scene will just do arena. So BG will become more "free for all"
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Simonich » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Killstick wrote:Did any of these world PvP things have any reward/rep that was worth it in TBC? I think thats always the major factor... like it or not people want to progress in the game.
As always you can world PvP in areas where there are high valued resources, group quests, instance entrances.

Even though you won't have to grind foor honor you can still use it to buy outdated arena sets. I think you also needed honor for the offset pieces. Arena might drain away some more people.
Also PvE gets alot more accesable in TBC. With heroics (tokens), 10 man karazhan, 25 man raids. Aswell as daily quest and repgrinds.

I don't really get why you are so exited about these world PvP spots and just won't do BGs. Alot of the premade scene will just do arena. So BG will become more "free for all"

Simply because i like things that are not instanced, the thing about capturing things in the main overworld, where everything can interfere with everyone.

I like the concept of fighting for your faction, and it is best expressed in world pvp, especially with capturable objectives. Invading honor hold..everyone can interfere, reinforce the assault or defend against it, random war scenarios happening across the world, i dont know how else to describe it. BGs are just instances, in tbc, i will see them as objectives where the 2 factions strive to control the rich resources they have, which will be used for the production of pvp gear, which gear will be used to the actual war in the open world
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Uzephi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Killstick wrote:Did any of these world PvP things have any reward/rep that was worth it in TBC? I think thats always the major factor... like it or not people want to progress in the game.

Halaa battle tokens... Awarded to the group that gave the killing blow. HFP if you had all nodes captured you would get a zone wide buff AND instance/raid buff for extra exp and damage. Essentially, yes, there is incentive to capture the zone.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kelorek » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:45 pm

Simonich wrote:

Simply because i like things that are not instanced, the thing about capturing things in the main overworld, where everything can interfere with everyone.

I like the concept of fighting for your faction, and it is best expressed in world pvp, especially with capturable objectives. Invading honor hold..everyone can interfere, reinforce the assault or defend against it, random war scenarios happening across the world, i dont know how else to describe it. BGs are just instances, in tbc, i will see them as objectives where the 2 factions strive to control the rich resources they have, which will be used for the production of pvp gear, which gear will be used to the actual war in the open world

You're going to love Halaa.
Kelorek
Grunt
Grunt

by Killstick » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:47 am

Uzephi wrote:Halaa battle tokens... Awarded to the group that gave the killing blow. HFP if you had all nodes captured you would get a zone wide buff AND instance/raid buff for extra exp and damage. Essentially, yes, there is incentive to capture the zone.

Yeah but are any of these things actually any good. Just like with Vanilla there will be BiS list for pvp and pve come release. If none of the items are on there... I do however remember doing some halaa stuff. No idea why tbh
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Uzephi » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:18 am

Killstick wrote:
Uzephi wrote:Halaa battle tokens... Awarded to the group that gave the killing blow. HFP if you had all nodes captured you would get a zone wide buff AND instance/raid buff for extra exp and damage. Essentially, yes, there is incentive to capture the zone.

Yeah but are any of these things actually any good. Just like with Vanilla there will be BiS list for pvp and pve come release. If none of the items are on there... I do however remember doing some halaa stuff. No idea why tbh

http://db.hellground.net/?npc=18822

That resilience Gem is nice. Only other resil gem with that kind of stats won't be until 2.3 or 2.4 items come in when jewelers can make it. "Free" 18 slot bag as well. The PVP gear is "meh" but decent until you grind the honor or AP for the level 70 pvp gear. Resil>all in TBC.

http://db.hellground.net/?item=30612 bullets (38.2 DPS before 2.1)
http://db.hellground.net/?item=30611 arrows (38.2 DPS before 2.1) were also not Soulbound and unique 200. You could only buy them when you had Halaa and next best arrows/bullets are below

http://db.hellground.net/?item=32883 Close to pre 2.1 DPS but better than post 2.1 DPS. http://db.hellground.net/?item=24412 (for arrow equivalent of those rep bullets)
http://db.hellground.net/?item=33803 way more expensive than 50s a stack to boot.
http://db.hellground.net/?item=34581 double the price.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Simonich » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Just realised LFG was added in TBC

But i guess that doesnt harm world pvp a lot now, does it?

Also, except for the pvp titles that our chars will hold in tbc, i heard theres also another title to be gained by having exalted with all bg factions? Will it be earnable during tbc too or just pretbc?
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion