First impressions

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

First impressions

by lookupnotdown » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Spells broken, talents broken, npc AI broken. I knew things were going to be broken, but these issues seem so apparent that I wonder what the purpose of a public test realm is.

As for PTR related features; no bag vendor; class quests not completed when character is created; riding skill trainer not close to mount vendor; gear vendor missing capes; starting gold not enough to buy mount skill and gear; weapon skills at 1/300. You don't even spawn by the vendors in IF, so you have to get there yourself.

The tracker is not open so you can't even see what issues are reported. I did make a few artifacts though.
lookupnotdown
Private
Private

Re: First impressions

by Basard » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:28 am

Tryed installing client with my old CD's not going to try that again lol!
Last edited by Basard on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basard
Grunt
Grunt

by Radvo » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 am

lookupnotdown wrote:As for PTR related features; no bag vendor; class quests not completed when character is created; riding skill trainer not close to mount vendor; gear vendor missing capes; starting gold not enough to buy mount skill and gear; weapon skills at 1/300. You don't even spawn by the vendors in IF, so you have to get there yourself.

Pretty much this... everything pretty much broken was to be expected, but at least don't make us spend 3 hours trying to GET TO where you want us....

I tried for a few hours, after being reset by the tram, realizing I'd have to go back and run to the logging camp, not enough money to get the riding skill so I went for no reason...

I don't get why you'd be hesitant to give people power/money in a PTR realm.
Radvo
Grunt
Grunt

by soundwave123 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:11 pm

I agree, especially the gold and bag vendor. Once these adjustments are made testing can be started.
soundwave123
Private
Private

by Noxm » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by bakedgoods1312 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:58 pm

buy 30 marks for each bg buy the mount with badges then get the riding skill.... easy in outland right now with 1200g.
bakedgoods1312
Grunt
Grunt

by Kikeron » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Something that might not be appropriate for the tracker:

Warlocks do not know to summon any pet at all. It is in the same category as the other class quests. So no imp, felhunter, void, succu. Please do not make us do ALL warlock class quests that are scattered around with no flying paths.

Oh talking about flying paths. Can you make it so characters know all flight paths in classic wow areas?
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Noxm » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:28 pm

Posted By: Site Administrator (admin)
Date: 2016-03-05 12:47
Summary:Objectives regarding first test session
Greetings,

Mains objectives for now are :
* All PVP class mechanisms,
* First instance : Hellfire Ramparts

Please, use the bugtracker accordingly

Best regards.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dreez » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:55 pm

surprise surprise, it's a stock mangos core!

Viper wrote:Development will start based on the latest release of Mangos core. As a consequence, migration of all the existing Vanilla content to Burning Crusade will be much easier, allowing nostalgic players only wanting to experience the first extension, to also have access to all the Azeroth & Kalimdor content. All the features properties of Nostalrius will be integrated once the Mangos core will be finished (anticheat, antibot, etc.).

it'll take a good amount of time to be in an acceptable state, stock mangos really isn't something you want to start at
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Robotron » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:07 am

I got some pretty big chills when I stepped through the Dark Portal. For a couple of seconds, I felt like my 19 year-old self seeing Outland for the first time during TBC launch day.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion