Release before naxx?

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Release before naxx?

by pomfittes » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:57 am

Since theres so much hype and even PTR testing for the TBC server. will it be released before naxxramas? or even before AQ?
pomfittes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Release before naxx?

by Caedum » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:59 am

As GM's have stated there is no current timeframe. However, I assume it will be released after due to the whole "progression" side of things.
Caedum
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nelythia » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:04 am

Probably not, no.

Coding everything takes a lot of time and Nostalrius is working on it with an open source PTR.

This means that every player can see the stuff and find bugs, report them or even provide an own fix for it.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Conquestkale » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:06 am

Definitely not Nost TBC has minimum 1 year of development most likely right now it's pretty much stock mangos content, I doubt they would release until a few months after Naxx is cleared anyway, but who knows wait for a dev answer I guess but I doubt you will get a solid answer for awhile
Conquestkale
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Uzephi » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Whether or not it gets completed before Naxx is cleared, they said since the beginning they would keep it along the timeline and TBC didn't come out before naxx meaning this server won't be live (only PTR) until after naxx is done.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Azonos » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:54 pm

Judging by the bug reports, Nost still has miles to go before they're anywhere near being ready to realse TBC..
Azonos 36 - PVE
Azonos
Grunt
Grunt

by Forest » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:12 pm

No.

This project will take them the better part of 1-2 years to complete. MangosOne, the TBC code base, is notoriously awful to deal with because of its lack of built in completeness.

There is a reason that Nost is beginning TBC testing before AQ PTR is even out on the Vanilla realms. The TBC project will take so long to perfect, or at least get to a Nost acceptable state, that they will be giving themselves a monstrous amount of time to work on the server as well as inviting thousands of testers to discover bugs at an exponentially higher rate than a team of 10 admins could have done.

TLDR - No. This is a stupid question.
Forest
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion