TBC PvP and PvE server same timeline?

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Re: TBC PvP and PvE server same timeline?

by bakedgoods1312 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:45 pm

i agree with the above that pvp server will probably first be released to feel out for how many people like the tbc server and when over pop comes then they will make a pve server.
bakedgoods1312
Grunt
Grunt

by fordragon77 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:41 pm

Uzephi wrote:
fordragon77 wrote:So that means you won't be able to transfer from the PvE vanilla realm to the TBC PvP realm if they won't start a PvE TBC realm?

Correct. Think about it. Someone on the PVP server probably has your character name. Who would have the right to the name?

Also, going pve to pvp server isn't "blizzlike." It used to be a rule. When server xfers came about, blizzard made a rule you couldn't xfer a toon from a pve to a pvp server. You leveled a character on a realm where you couldn't get ganked leveling. Should you have any right having that capped toon xfering to a pvp server?

Edit: source http://web.archive.org/web/200607060619 ... =abl02008p This link also brings up the other part of the topic. the current PVP realm is overpopulated, the TBC server might be as well, so in classic blizzard fashion, the lower pop server should not be allowed to xfer to an overpopulated realm. If they wanted to be blizzlike and start allowing xfers, the higher pop PVP realm should be able to xfer to the PVE realm but since they are on different timelines this most likely will not happen.

Realm Restrictions:
You may transfer characters from PvP to PvE realms, but transfers from PvE to PvP realms are not allowed.
Realms that frequently have queues and/or regularly show a high concurrency may be taken off the list of eligible destination realms to prevent overpopulating realms through character transfers.

I think thats very unfair if they don't allow people to transfer from the PvE vanilla realm to the PvP TBC realm IF they only start a PvP TBC realm. Thousands of people on the PvE server are investing a lot in their chars with plans of moving on to TBC and then they will all be forced to reroll.

The same name issue could be easily solved by forcing people who are trasfering from the PvE vanilla to change their name if it's already taken on the PvP tbc. I think thats a price that anyone would gladly pay.

I would totally understand if you were only allowed to transfer to PvE TBC realm if there would be one. But in the opposite case it's just plain unfair. People who want to play on the PvE realm right now but have plans to move on to TBC might as well just delete their char and be forced to play on the PvP if they don't want to reroll.

I know it's a free service but still... if the only problem is the cost then I'm sure people would be willing to donate for that.
fordragon77
Grunt
Grunt

by Logosh » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:03 pm

As said by Viper in the official announcement: Characters already created on our Vanilla PVP & PVE servers will be able to be copied on the TBC realm under condition, not to have a negative impact on the economy, which will be described when the server will be ready to use.
So if there is only a PVP BC server, characters will be able to be copied from the PVE vanilla server, even if it's not "blizzlike".
But it would be nice if they could officially announce those "conditions" sooner than the server release. I leveled a character with the sole purpose of sending it to the BC server(and i'm sure a lot of people did the same), so we would like to know what we can bring with us and what will be left behind.
Logosh
Tester

by fordragon77 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Logosh wrote:As said by Viper in the official announcement: Characters already created on our Vanilla PVP & PVE servers will be able to be copied on the TBC realm under condition, not to have a negative impact on the economy, which will be described when the server will be ready to use.
So if there is only a PVP BC server, characters will be able to be copied from the PVE vanilla server, even if it's not "blizzlike".
But it would be nice if they could officially announce those "conditions" sooner than the server release. I leveled a character with the sole purpose of sending it to the BC server(and i'm sure a lot of people did the same), so we would like to know what we can bring with us and what will be left behind.

Could you link that source for confirmation? It would be great if this was really true. I don't really care about the conditions, if I can get a transfer from the PvE to the PvP TBC (even with name change) if there won't be a PvE TBC I'm happy.
fordragon77
Grunt
Grunt

by Logosh » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:54 pm

fordragon77 wrote:
Logosh wrote:As said by Viper in the official announcement: Characters already created on our Vanilla PVP & PVE servers will be able to be copied on the TBC realm under condition, not to have a negative impact on the economy, which will be described when the server will be ready to use.

Could you link that source for confirmation? It would be great if this was really true. I don't really care about the conditions, if I can get a transfer from the PvE to the PvP TBC (even with name change) if there won't be a PvE TBC I'm happy.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36492
Logosh
Tester

by Dish » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:09 pm

In a different thread, Pottu said you should level a character on the PvP server if you want to be 100% sure you can play with it on TBC.

After all, there just hasn't been any official information yet and it probably hasn't even been decided by the staff yet. So everything people are posting here is just speculation.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Logosh » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:00 pm

Dish wrote:In a different thread, Pottu said you should level a character on the PvP server if you want to be 100% sure you can play with it on TBC.

After all, there just hasn't been any official information yet and it probably hasn't even been decided by the staff yet. So everything people are posting here is just speculation.

Here is what Pottu said:
"Will there be both PVP and PVE tbc realms? Can I move a character from vanilla PVE to tbc PVP?"

Unknown at this time. No details regarding this have been decided. If you want to be super-duper extra sure, level a character you want to play on the tbc PVP realm to 60 on the current PVP realm. But really, this is all up in the air.
source: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 2&start=90

So he was saying that if the is both a PVP and a PVE BC realm, characters from the vanilla PVE realm probalby won't be able to be copied to PVP BC, only to PVE BC. I agree that this is still speculation. But if there is only a PVP BC server and they don't let us copy from vanilla PVE, they will have broken the promise they made in the first lines of the official announcement: Characters already created on our Vanilla PVP & PVE servers will be able to be copied on the TBC realm under condition.
Logosh
Tester

by Uzephi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Logosh wrote:
So he was saying that if the is both a PVP and a PVE BC realm, characters from the vanilla PVE realm probalby won't be able to be copied to PVP BC, only to PVE BC. I agree that this is still speculation. But if there is only a PVP BC server and they don't let us copy from vanilla PVE, they will have broken the promise they made in the first lines of the official announcement: Characters already created on our Vanilla PVP & PVE servers will be able to be copied on the TBC realm under condition.

Underlined and bolded the catch all they used... Under condition may mean, there is plans for PVE TBC to come out in the "soon" future after PVP releases, so they may restrict it. Under the condition PVE will not release, they may allow PVE vanilla to Xfer after a certain time period. (again, under condition being at a later time if it is deemed PVE will not release)
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion