TBC PvP and PvE server same timeline?

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

TBC PvP and PvE server same timeline?

by fordragon77 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:26 am

Hey,

First of all, are you planning on starting a PvE realm in TBC or only PvP? And if only PvP I assume people will be able to transfer from the PvE vanilla realm to the PvP TBC realm as soon as the PvP TBC realm launches? Will the PvP TBC realm start after naxx is cleared on the PvE vanilla server? Or if before, will people who are playing on the PvE vanilla realm be able to transfer to TBC PvP earlier?

I'm planning to start playing on the PvE vanilla realm right now but since it will "end" later than the PvP vanilla realm I'm worried that the PvE TBC realm will start later if there will be one. Or will they launch both TBC servers at the same time together? That would make more sense.

Thanks
fordragon77
Grunt
Grunt

Re: TBC PvP and PvE server same timeline?

by Dish » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:38 am

None of this information has been released yet. Not sure the staff even made a decision yet, so I don't think anyone can answer these questions.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Daedalos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:58 am

I have a feeling that we'll see both a PvP and a PvE server at launch. It would make sense to limit transfers from PvP to PvP server, and so on. Their criteria for transfer could be a maximum of (let's say) 100 gold, and zero crafting materials. Bringing a character filled with 1000 x Runecloth at launch, could break the economy in half!

None of the above are facts. Merely thoughts.
< Daedalos > Tauren Druid [PvP]
Leatherworking, Skinning, Cooking, Fishing
Daedalos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Tomberry » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:11 am

Daedalos wrote:I have a feeling that we'll see both a PvP and a PvE server at launch. It would make sense to limit transfers from PvP to PvP server, and so on. Their criteria for transfer could be a maximum of (let's say) 100 gold, and zero crafting materials. Bringing a character filled with 1000 x Runecloth at launch, could break the economy in half!

Vanilla mats are worth nothing in TBC tbh.

I'ts more risky to let people copy their char with over 20k gold for the economy
Tomberry
Private
Private

by Rylox » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:02 am

Daedalos wrote:I have a feeling that we'll see both a PvP and a PvE server at launch. It would make sense to limit transfers from PvP to PvP server, and so on. Their criteria for transfer could be a maximum of (let's say) 100 gold, and zero crafting materials. Bringing a character filled with 1000 x Runecloth at launch, could break the economy in half!

Completely un Blizz-like to put strong restraints on preparation for TBC.
It was unveiled a full 14 months before release back then even.
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Robotron » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:13 am

At least Skinning will make a lot of money before TBC comes out because of Drums. =P
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Uzephi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:56 pm

Staff said in all their posts about this question: No plans for PVE TBC server as of yet. If PVP TBC goes the way vanilla did, they may open a PVE server and admins advised if you want a vanilla character to xfer to TBC, make one on the PVP server.

Now once PVE server is closer to end of timeline like PVP and they see interest, they may open a TBC PVE server like they did with the original PVE server.

They never had plans of opening a PVE server until the overpopulation of the PVP server happened, and that helped mitigate the population and also bring in new players (people like my friend who are pve oriented and played vanilla on a pve realm). They may change their plans depending on income, pricing of hosting, etc to make a pve TBC realm, but at this point, don't count on it.

Edit: This is a below post from Pottu explaining it is unknown. Meaning no conctrete plans for a PVE realm at this time, but may be in the future "to be super duper sure, make a 60 on the pvp realm" from his own words so you have a backup plan in case there isn't a PVE realm. My personal opinion: they will have a PVE realm, but when is the real question.

Pottu wrote:Okay, time to clarify few things again since there seem to be many questions.

1. "Can I change faction, name, class, appearance during the switch from vanilla to tbc?"

No. We have no plans on allowing anything like this and it would be a massive extra workload that would have to be done ostly manually.

2. "Will there be both PVP and PVE tbc realms? Can I move a character from vanilla PVE to tbc PVP?"

Unknown at this time. No details regarding this have been decided. If you want to be super-duper extra sure, level a character you want to play on the tbc PVP realm to 60 on the current PVP realm. But really, this is all up in the air.

3. "Don't release TBC yet! Release TBC asap!"

This announcement just marks the official beginning for the Nostalrius TBC project. The TBC realm will not be available for a significant time. Any speculation on a release date is pointless at this time.

4. "Why are you doing TBC when vanilla has bugs/lag/personal pet peeve"

Separate teams. This announcement was also made to recruit more people to help with the project. The existing team will focus on vanilla content, just as Viper stated, and the new TBC team will on the TBC content.

Hope this helps.

The GM team.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:06 pm

Just remember that if they stick to their original plan, TBC won't be on the table until Horde and Alliance have killed Kel'Thuzad on the PVP server.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by fordragon77 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Uzephi wrote:Staff said in all their posts about this question: No plans for PVE TBC server as of yet. If PVP TBC goes the way vanilla did, they may open a PVE server and admins advised if you want a vanilla character to xfer to TBC, make one on the PVP server.

Now once PVE server is closer to end of timeline like PVP and they see interest, they may open a TBC PVE server like they did with the original PVE server.

They never had plans of opening a PVE server until the overpopulation of the PVP server happened, and that helped mitigate the population and also bring in new players (people like my friend who are pve oriented and played vanilla on a pve realm). They may change their plans depending on income, pricing of hosting, etc to make a pve TBC realm, but at this point, don't count on it.

Edit: This is a below post from Pottu explaining it is unknown. Meaning no conctrete plans for a PVE realm at this time, but may be in the future "to be super duper sure, make a 60 on the pvp realm" from his own words so you have a backup plan in case there isn't a PVE realm. My personal opinion: they will have a PVE realm, but when is the real question.

Pottu wrote:Okay, time to clarify few things again since there seem to be many questions.

1. "Can I change faction, name, class, appearance during the switch from vanilla to tbc?"

No. We have no plans on allowing anything like this and it would be a massive extra workload that would have to be done ostly manually.

2. "Will there be both PVP and PVE tbc realms? Can I move a character from vanilla PVE to tbc PVP?"

Unknown at this time. No details regarding this have been decided. If you want to be super-duper extra sure, level a character you want to play on the tbc PVP realm to 60 on the current PVP realm. But really, this is all up in the air.

3. "Don't release TBC yet! Release TBC asap!"

This announcement just marks the official beginning for the Nostalrius TBC project. The TBC realm will not be available for a significant time. Any speculation on a release date is pointless at this time.

4. "Why are you doing TBC when vanilla has bugs/lag/personal pet peeve"

Separate teams. This announcement was also made to recruit more people to help with the project. The existing team will focus on vanilla content, just as Viper stated, and the new TBC team will on the TBC content.

Hope this helps.

The GM team.

So that means you won't be able to transfer from the PvE vanilla realm to the TBC PvP realm if they won't start a PvE TBC realm?
fordragon77
Grunt
Grunt

by Uzephi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:09 pm

fordragon77 wrote:So that means you won't be able to transfer from the PvE vanilla realm to the TBC PvP realm if they won't start a PvE TBC realm?

Correct. Think about it. Someone on the PVP server probably has your character name. Who would have the right to the name?

Also, going pve to pvp server isn't "blizzlike." It used to be a rule. When server xfers came about, blizzard made a rule you couldn't xfer a toon from a pve to a pvp server. You leveled a character on a realm where you couldn't get ganked leveling. Should you have any right having that capped toon xfering to a pvp server?

Edit: source http://web.archive.org/web/200607060619 ... =abl02008p This link also brings up the other part of the topic. the current PVP realm is overpopulated, the TBC server might be as well, so in classic blizzard fashion, the lower pop server should not be allowed to xfer to an overpopulated realm. If they wanted to be blizzlike and start allowing xfers, the higher pop PVP realm should be able to xfer to the PVE realm but since they are on different timelines this most likely will not happen.

Realm Restrictions:
You may transfer characters from PvP to PvE realms, but transfers from PvE to PvP realms are not allowed.
Realms that frequently have queues and/or regularly show a high concurrency may be taken off the list of eligible destination realms to prevent overpopulating realms through character transfers.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion