DC'ing

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Re: DC'ing

by parmenides » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:52 pm

The mob called "Unyielding Sorcerer" in Hellfire Peninsula causes server disconnects when it casts Frost Nova on players. Not sure if the debuff or the spell causes the DCs. It only just started happening, because some players have completed the quest to kill those mobs.

Probably best to avoid that area. And Frost Nova in general doesn't seem to cause disconnects -- some players have tested it in PVP and had no immediate issues.
characters: Parmenides, Discern, Respeccing (TBC PTR)
parmenides
Grunt
Grunt

by Terboh » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Yep, I was one of the two guys testing frost nova, and also the one who completed the quest before it started causing DCs. Ashrak also pointed out to me that mobs using frost nova in Terrokar Forest are also causing it, so it's related to the spell, not the specific mob.

Any chance we could get a yellow text upon logging in to tell people to not use fears and avoid mobs that use frost nova?
Terboh
Private
Private

by ozusteapot » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:26 pm

The rollbacks are crazy too, i've tried 3 times now to make progress with either one character or another questwise, and with the disconnects i end up repeating the same quests over and over again. A real bummer since I'm having way more fun in Hellfire then i've had in most if not all of the vanilla leveling zones.
ozusteapot
Private
Private

by Robotron » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:49 pm

The PTR is basically unplayable until they patch this issue.

Oh well, that's what PTRs are for.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Daemon » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:27 am

Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

by Robotron » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:10 am

thx daebae ;)