Understanding the rogue class: Soyoen's way

Re: Understanding the rogue class: Soyoen's way

by Youfie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:46 pm

This is probably because 40 AP Juju stacking with Firewater is a bug on Nostalrius.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Noisy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:02 am

Hey man ! Thanks for the guide, its great !

I also appreciate the spreadsheet alot, but I'm quite the noob when it comes to using stuff like that, so I'm wondering if you have to change something to get the correct values as a dagger rogue compared to a sword rogue? Also, is there any plans to add swiftwalker boots, and cloak of firemaw?

Again, thanks for your hard work man !
Sir. Chodè .F
Chodefoofoo
Rogue Class Leader of The Dark Alliance
Noisy
Private
Private

by Soyoen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi!

Oelberg wrote:http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=12460 Juju Might with +40AP for 10 minutes did stack with http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=12820 Winterfall Firewater the last time I checked it (about 1 month ago).
Sadly I cannot check it at the moment.
It is neither listed nor calculated with in your spreadsheet as a raidbuff.
I will double check as soon as possible whether it stacks or not.
Should it not be listed in the sheet if its still stacking?

I scripted it by how buffstacking worked on retail servers, which most "authentic" vanilla servers aim to emulate. Hence, I'm not going to implement changes due to a server bug as Youfie describes it. Whenever I can get enough time to add in the buff system this should be a non issue in any case.
Youfie wrote:This is probably because 40 AP Juju stacking with Firewater is a bug on Nostalrius.

Oelberg wrote:Why did you put the Horde World Buffs AP flat bonus in "" and the other ones not? Just curious, it should still be very accurate.

I'd asume it is a typo during multitasking, still calculates proper but I'll have em removed.

Oelberg wrote:big thank you for all the work and effort you put in this, your fellow rogues really appreciate it!!!

Cheers :)
Noisy wrote:Hey man ! Thanks for the guide, its great !

I also appreciate the spreadsheet alot, but I'm quite the noob when it comes to using stuff like that, so I'm wondering if you have to change something to get the correct values as a dagger rogue compared to a sword rogue? Also, is there any plans to add swiftwalker boots, and cloak of firemaw?

Again, thanks for your hard work man !
Sir. Chodè .F

Aside from changing or adding talents belonging to the dagger spec in the talent choices window, and making sure a dagger is listed in the main hand slot I can't think of anything that needs to be done. Havn't had any requests to add those items yet so I'll see it done for the next update :)

Cheers for the feedback
Best of regards
Soyo
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Soyoen » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Update
The RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet has been updated with some new information that can be seen in the changelog on page 1 (click). Changes include implementation of all endgame fists with eventual effects, all endgame trinkets, fist specialization, code rewrites, individual buff system and a small main sheet page redesign.

Much love to everyone
Soyoen

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DrButts » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:10 pm

I've briefly search the previous pages, but please forgive me if this was already covered; Why is evis used over rupture? It has been my experience since Vanilla that rupture as a finisher was superior to evis.
DrButts
Tester

by Youfie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:13 pm

DrButts wrote:I've briefly search the previous pages, but please forgive me if this was already covered; Why is evis used over rupture? It has been my experience since Vanilla that rupture as a finisher was superior to evis.

Rupture takes a debuff slot, which prevents it from being fully effective, as it might be bumped off by other debuffs. It could also knock off more important / efficient debuffs for the rest of the raid.
Even if there were unlimited debuff slots, Rupture can't crit and Raid Bosses can have their armor really lowered with SA + FF + CoR, so I wouldn't be so sure about the superiority of Rupture over Eviscerate.

Haven't done the maths tbh, but it doesn't seem obvious at all, it would depend on bosses armor & shit.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by DrButts » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:46 pm

Youfie wrote:
DrButts wrote:I've briefly search the previous pages, but please forgive me if this was already covered; Why is evis used over rupture? It has been my experience since Vanilla that rupture as a finisher was superior to evis.

Rupture takes a debuff slot, which prevents it from being fully effective, as it might be bumped off by other debuffs. It could also knock off more important / efficient debuffs for the rest of the raid.
Even if there were unlimited debuff slots, Rupture can't crit and Raid Bosses can have their armor really lowered with SA + FF + CoR, so I wouldn't be so sure about the superiority of Rupture over Eviscerate.

Haven't done the maths tbh, but it doesn't seem obvious at all, it would depend on bosses armor & shit.

Youfie, thanks for the info, I appreciate you.

If anyone else has anything to add, please do for the sake of my edification.
DrButts
Tester

by Defiler » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:25 am

hey man,

is it possible to implement Seal Fate in the Spreadsheet?

regards,
defiler
Defiler
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Oelberg » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Hello again sir,

im back with another question regarding my switch from oto's to your spreadsheet.

should the strength of earth totem not be listed in the available buffs with 88STR? i cannot find it anywhere in your sheet. still great work with splitting the buff section up into single buffs, i really like this change! also missing are dumpling/squid/sunfruit as foodbuff. maybe u can also add these?

keep up the good work!
Oelberg
Tester

by Soyoen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 pm

Oelberg wrote:Hello again sir,

im back with another question regarding my switch from oto's to your spreadsheet.

should the strength of earth totem not be listed in the available buffs with 88STR? i cannot find it anywhere in your sheet. still great work with splitting the buff section up into single buffs, i really like this change! also missing are dumpling/squid/sunfruit as foodbuff. maybe u can also add these?

keep up the good work!

Whoops! I'm holding out and awaiting how this mess sorts itself out before I do any more work on the sheet, but if it do sort itself out I'll have em added.

Defiler wrote:hey man,

is it possible to implement Seal Fate in the Spreadsheet?

regards,
defiler

Should be possible if I overhaul the energycycle sheet.

Much love
Soyo

Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue